Board Selection Procedure:
CVCWA’s Board of Directors has eight designated board member seats, which are filled by representatives from CVCWA’s large, medium, and small member agencies. The Board also has discretion to appoint an “at-large” board member if it so desires.
- Large Agency Representation: Every large-sized member agency (permitted flow greater than 50 mgd) has a seat on the board. Large sized agencies appoint their own representatives to fill their agency’s seat.
- Medium Agency Representation: Two board seats are designated for medium-sized agencies (permitted flow between 10 and 50 mgd). These seats have two-year terms and are filled by rotation of the medium-sized agencies. The representative for the board is chosen by the agency.
- Small and Micro Agency Representation: There are three board seats for CVCWA’s small agencies (<10 mgd) and one board seat for micro agencies (<1 mgd), a subset of small agencies. These seats carry two-year terms. The small agency seats are divided into sub-regions defined by which Regional Board Office issues their permit: North – Redding, Central – Sacramento, and South – Fresno. The micro agency representative is not specific to a sub-regional area. The seats for the small or micro agency are filled by a person who is either a permanent employee or contract employee of a small or micro member organization. Nominations for the representative come from the membership at large, but voting is done by only those small member agencies in that sub-region, or in the case of micro seats, voting is done by all micro member agencies.
- At-Large Representative: The Board can appoint an at-large representative by vote of the Board. This seat expires at the end of the fiscal year in which the appointment was made.
Board Of Directors
Central Valley Clean Water Association
101 W McKnight Way, Ste B103
Grass Valley, CA 95949
- 2019 Conference Presentations
- 2023 Conference Presentations
- Air and Climate Change
- Annual Conference
- Collection Systems
- Comment Letters
- Conference Presentations
- FAQ: Membership
- Member Agencies
- Our History
- Permitting and Regulatory Advocacy
- Who We Are
- Our History
- Affiliate Members
- Guiding Documents
- Work Groups
- Freshwater Mussels
- My Account
...is to effectively represent the interests of wastewater agencies in the Central Valley in regulatory matters and to support the exchange of information so member agencies can best meet their business challenges.