The mission of the Biosolids Committee, in coordination with the CASA Biosolids Program, is to advocate environmentally sustainable Biosolids management policies and practices that promote the beneficial use of Biosolids.
Yosemite Vista Estates
Topics and Issues
- Promote environmentally sound recycling of Biosolids
- Provide updates to the general CVCWA membership on the status of Biosolids regulations and related issues
- Assist CASA in defense of the General Order for Land Application of Biosolids and coordinating with their Biosolids Manager
- Coordinate with other Biosolids organizations
- Foster cooperation among governmental agencies, regulators, private corporations, the agricultural community, and the general public in the management of Biosolids
- Help provide education and supporting materials to avoid further creation of county ordinances in the Central Valley that ban land application of Biosolids
- Actively support the Standing Positions
Following are key positions that pertain to the Biosolids Committee. The committees and members of CVCWA can advocate these positions in legislation, regulation, or other forums in accordance with applicable standing rules for CVCWA. Because not every Biosolids issue can be foreseen, many of these positions are broad in nature to allow the committee and CVCWA the flexibility to act in a timely manner without needing approval by the Board.
- Support the environmentally sound use of Biosolids
- Support the continued development of the CASA Biosolids Program, and provide the CASA program manager assistance as appropriate.
- Support the National Biosolids Partnership.
- Support the SWRCB Biosolids General Order
- Support the EPA Biosolids 40 CFR 503 Biosolids Regulations and the underlying science.
- Support and rely on the information contained in Water Environment Federation Biosolids Position Papers and the California Water Environment Association Manual of Good Practice for Agricultural Application of Biosolids.
- Support the voluntary implementation of Biosolids Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
For additional information on Biosolids issues please visit the California Association of Sanitation Agencies, Biosolids Program website. The site includes:
- Biosolids Fact Sheet – very useful when providing Biosolids outreach to the general public, or someone requests basic information on Biosolids.
- Links – a comprehensive listing of websites that provide Biosolids related information
- Regulatory Information – existing Biosolids regulations
- Research/Publications – existing and ongoing Biosolids research
- Surveys – Biosolids management practices survey in California.
If you would like more information or are considering getting involved in this committee, please click on the name of the committee chairperson at the top of this page to send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you!
808 R ST STE 209
Sacramento, CA 95811
There are no upcoming events at this time.
...is to effectively represent the interests of wastewater agencies in the Central Valley in regulatory matters and to support the exchange of information so member agencies can best meet their business challenges.